Monroe Benaim, M.D.
Monroe Benaim, M.D. was born in Connecticut and went to public school in Miami, Florida. He is a graduate of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree with honors. He earned his Medical Degree from University of Miami School of Medicine after which he became a diplomat of the National Board of Medicine. Dr. Benaim completed his Eye Surgery training at the renowned University of Texas/Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He has been a pioneer in the field of ophthalmology for over 20 years. Dr. Benaim was an investigator in the original FDA studies for the approval of the excimer laser for Lasik eye surgery. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and the American Board of Eye Surgery where he was one of the first surgeons in the country certified.
Dr. Benaim and his wife of 25 years, Jennifer, live in Jupiter, Florida and they have two teenage sons. Dr. Benaim attended the Florida public school system in Miami – Dade County and served three terms as an elected Board Member of the School District of Palm Beach County, the 10th largest school district in the United States.
Dr. Benaim is either a current or past member of the following organizations:
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American College of Eye Surgery
- Board of Directors, American College of Eye Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Palm Beach County Ophthalmology Society
- Surgical Faculty, ORBIS (Flying Eye Hospital): Fighting Against Blindness
- Corporate Board Member, Jupiter Medical Center
- Chairman, School District of Palm Beach County
- Board Member, Value Adjustment Board of Palm Beach County
- The Jupiter/Tequesta/Juno Beach Chamber of Commerce
- The Northern Palm Beaches Chamber of Commerce
- The Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
- The Economic Council of Palm Beach County
- Judge for the Palm Beach County Dwyer Awards
- Regional Chairman, Educational Council, M.I.T.
- Leadership of Palm Beach County, Class of 2000
- Board of Directors, Jupiter/Tequesta/Juno Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Trustees, South Florida Science Museum
- Board of Directors, Education Foundation of Palm Beach County
- Board Advisor, School Health Advisory Committee
- Member, Technical Advisory Committee, School District of P.B. County
- Education Forum, Jupiter/Tequesta/Juno Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Past President, Jupiter/Tequesta Lion’s Club
You can see further details about Dr. Benaim’s C.V. by clicking here.
Dr. Benaim is an avid boater and loves fishing. Traveling is one of his longtime pastimes along with marathon training, technical reading and spending time with his family.